Here is the recipe for these Magical Fruit Brownies - they are healthy, fiber packed, protein packed, sugar free, fat free, low calorie and DELICIOUS. Brace yourself, this is complete insanity
Magical Fruit Brownies
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
Spray a 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray
1 15oz can black beans - drained
1 very ripe banana
2 1/2 T Cocoa Powder
1/3 cup Baking Mix (I used Bisquick's Gluten Free Baking Mix)
1 T Vanilla Extract
2 tsp cinnamon
Dash of Salt
2 T Skim milk, or Almond Milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
Stevia or Splenda to taste (there is nothing raw in this brownie batter, so taste and add more as needed - liquid or powdered Stevia will work)
2 T Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Drain the can of beans, and puree in a food processor
- Add the banana and 2 T of milk and continue to puree
- Once it is smooth, pour bean mixture into a mixing bowl
- Add all the other ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and stir, until well mixed
- Dump it all into your prepared baking pan
- Sprinkle 2 T of semi-sweet chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top starts to crack and the brownies feel firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let brownies cool completely before cutting. They are actually better chilled. So I put them in the refrigerator for a few hours before eating.
Cut the brownies into 9 pieces
Each brownie has: 77 calories and 2.7 grams of protein.
You could eat the entire pan for 700 calories - that incredible - I don't recommend it though, I'm sure the "more you toot" part of the jingle would be sure to follow.
So enjoy 1 or 2 guilt free delicious brownies, and don't tell anyone your secret ingredient until after they have enjoyed one, then make them try and guess your secret ingredient - I'd even make it a bet and add some cash to the pot, because you are sure to win - the beans are completely disguised, no one will ever know.