Ricotta Butternut Squash Ravioli
1/2 c lowfat or fatfree ricotta cheese
1/2 c cooked butternut squash
3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 Tbl. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
Salt & Pepper to taste
20 small wonton wrappers
1/2 T light butter
1 T. flour
1 c chicken stock or broth
8 fresh sage leaves
2 T. chopped walnuts
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Mix the squash, ricotta, nutmeg, balsamic vinegar & 2 T Parmesan. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
3. Working on a clean floured surface, lay down a single wonton wrapper and place 1 heaping tablespoon of the squash mixture in the center, using your finger - wipe a small amount of warm water around the edges of the wonton. Top with another wonton wrapper. Press firmly around the edges with your fingers to secure the filling inside. Repeat with all the wonton wrappers - making 10 ravioli.
4. Turn down the heat on the boiling water - so that it is gently boiling. Carefully drop the ravioli into the water and cook for 3 minutes, then drain.
5. In the meantime, heat a pan over medium heat and add the butter sage. Melt the butter, add 1/4 c of broth and stir to combine. Next add the flour to the pan and stir into a paste. Quickly add the rest of the broth. Whisk the flour mixture and broth together over low heat - making sure there are no lumps. Continue to stir until mixture begins to thicken and boil. Remove from heat.
6. Divide the ravioli onto 2 plates. Pour 1/2 of the sage/butter mixture over each plate of ravioli. Garnish with parmesan and chopped walnuts. ENJOY!
Nutrition: 287 calories per plate (without garnish)