Pumpkin Pie Sans Allergies
2 cups crushed rice chex, or other rice cereal
3 T ground Salba (or ground Flax)
1 T Almond Butter
1/3 cup warm water
5 - 6 drops liquid Stevia
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tablespoons instant Tapioca pearls
1 tsp egg-free substitute (I used Organ Gluten Free Natural Egg Replacer)
2 Tablespoons water
1 15oz. can pumpkin
1 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup water
2 - 3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (depending on your preference in taste)
2 tsp liquid stevia (or to taste)
- Heat oven to 425, Spray a pie plate with non-stick spray
- Combine cereal crumbs and salba
- In another bowl mix Almond Butter & Water. Heat in Microwave about 30 seconds and then stir vigorously to break up Almond Butter
- Add liquid stevia and cinnamon to water mixture
- Combine cereal mix, and water mixture and stir until combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of pie plate
- Prick bottom with fork and bake for 20 minutes or until firm and slightly brown
- Meanwhile combine egg substitute and 2 T water in small bowl, set aside
- In a sauce pan combine all other ingredients, including egg replacer.
- Stir well and let sit for 7 minutes
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and stir until the Pumpkin mixture is boiling, turn down heat and continue to stir for another 3 - 4 minutes until Tapioca looks done.
- Chill Pumpkin for 20 minutes in fridge.
- Remove Pumpkin from fridge and stir
- Pour into baked Salba crust, spread smooth on top and chill for another 2 hours before eating.
- You can reheat before eating if you like
Nutrition: Makes 6 slices of delicious pie
Each Slice = 120 calories, with 3 grams of protein
* a slice of "Libby's" recipe Pumpkin Pie (which is usually an 1/8 piece of the pie, instead of a 1/6 like my pie) would be almost 300 calories, 12 grams of fat, about 3 grams of protein, and full of ingredients many people can't have such as wheat, milk, eggs, & sugar.