1 T. minced garlic
1 tsp tsp sage
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
1/2 T light butter
1/4 c milk
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 3/4 cups chicken stock or broth
1. In a large saucepan, heat butter on medium heat. Add garlic, sage, salt & black pepper.
2. Stir spices so they don't burn, but allow the heat to bring out their flavors (about 1 - 2 minutes)
3. Stir in 1/4 cup milk
4. Reduce heat a little and add pumpkin and chicken stock. Stir until smooth
5. Let soup heat all the way through (on low heat - you don't want it to burn) stirring occasionally
6. Once it comes to a boil it's done! (Taste soup, you may need to add more salt or pepper depending on your personal taste)
To serve, Ladle 1 cup into a bowl, top with caramelized walnuts and a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition: 1 cup of soup = 53 calories (if made with chicken broth)